Thursday, December 15, 2011

French Macaroons Delight!

frenchmacaroons 


Mmmmm, don't these looks amazing.... (excuse while I wipe the drool off my face) 

I have been wanting to try french macaroons for a little while now but a) didn't want to spend $098837095 (What the harry number is that???) on buying some and b) didn't even want to attempt to make them. 

A friend of mine who is very much more daring than me posted on facebook that she made some. I commented about how much I would love to make and try these babies for a long time and asked her for the recipe. Well, I got the most wonderful surprise at church on sunday, 2 french macaroons! I was soooo tickled! She made an apricot one and a peppermint one. 
My Husband could tell from my face that I wanted to inhale these things but gave me a look like "Don't you dare try and open that loud packaging and stuff your face!" 

So, I waited until he took Lilly downstaires to sunday school. 

Hehe, sneaky!

OH my goodness, they were so good! My husbands brothers that were sitting with us just looked at me like "What the heck are you doing?" 
Hey, first off, I'm pregnant, I can eat in church. Second, I don't care. 

I decided that I had to try and make some more so I got the recipe and made some yesterday! I wish I had pictures, well acutally I don't because they weren't perfect and the icing was really runny but they had that wonderful, crispy yet chewy texture that I LOVE LOVE LOVE! I used raspberry flavoring and I wish I didn't. I think I like them (the cookie part) flavored with just plain vanilla and plain icing with some jelly in the middle. Mine kinda taste like cotton candy. Not ideal but oh well! 

Right now their in the freezer so that the icing doesn't drip off and also so I don't eat them all and give this child a sugar shock. 

Blessings and Merry Christmas to ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment