Monday, January 10, 2011

Sorrow

Today, my heart is heavy. Heavy for those who lost loved ones Saturday in Tucson. My heart is heavy thinking about the little girl who was killed that day. Born on Sept. 11, 2001. God knew her little soul before she was created. God knew what she would go through in her short life. I can see her now, dancing with Jesus.

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God


"Still"- Hillsong 




Last night I had to let go. I had to let go of my fears and worries. Fears that the father of lies kept hanging over my body. I do not know what the future holds, but I do know who holds my future. 


I will be still and know you are God. 


I know this might not be the most entertaining post but it's my heart right now. When I was trying to decide on a name for this blog ( I hate trying to be creative like that) I just picked a name that sounded "nice" and "interesting". I am now realizing what this name means. 


Father, You are King, over the flood. 


That brings comfort to my soul. I hope you can find comfort in the Lord Jesus Christ as well. The only one who can bring comfort and peace in a world so evil and demented. 


Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know his power
In quietness and trust



God bless you!
Beth

1 comment:

  1. Doesnt it seem as a mother its even easier to let satan make us fearful... fearful of things that are out of control but alteast we can rest in the peace that our father knows best!

    ReplyDelete